1) An example of a biological event that follows a circadian rhythm is:
A) the migration of birds.
B) the female menstrual cycle.
C) body temperature.
2) The pineal gland secretes ________, a hormone that helps to keep the biological clock in phase with the light–dark cycle.
3) Which of the following statements about PMS is true?
A) About 20% of females suffer from PMS.
B) A clear connection exists between PMS and behaviour.
C) There is no relation between stage of the menstrual cycle and emotional symptoms.
D) PMS can be successfully treated using testosterone.
4) In ________, a person experiences sudden unpredictable and irresistible attacks of sleepiness during the day.
C) sleep apnea
D) internal desynchrony
5) There are ________ stages of NREM sleep.
6) The ________ theory of dreaming suggests that dreaming is simply a continuation of our daytime thinking.
7) A ________ drug causes disruption of normal thought processes such as the perception of time and space.
8) ________ is an example of a depressant drug.
9) ________ refers to a person's expectations about the effects of a drug.
C) Mental set
D) Perceptual bias
10) The dissociation theory of hypnosis was proposed by:
A) Ernest Hilgard.
B) Nathaniel Kleitman.
C) Allan Hobson.
D) Rosalind Cartwright.