1. A valid unit for momentum which of the following?
A. : 2102123
1. A valid unit for momentum is which of the following?
2. The dimensional equivalent of the quantity impulse in terms of the fundamental quantities (mass, length, time) is which of the following?
3. A 75-kg swimmer dives horizontally off a 500-kg raft. The diver's speed immediately after leaving the raft is 4.0 m/s. A micro-sensor system attached to the edge of the raft measures the time interval during which the diver applies an impulse to the raft just prior to leaving the raft surface. If the time interval is read as 0.20 s, what is the magnitude of the average horizontal force by diver on the raft?
A. 900 N
B. 450 N
C. 525 N
D. 1 500 N
4. A 0.12-kg ball is moving at 6 m/s when it is hit by a bat, causing it to reverse direction and have a speed of 14 m/s. What is the change in the magnitude of the momentum of the ball?
A. 0.39 kg?m/s
B. 0.42 kg?m/s
C. 1.3 kg?m/s
D. 2.4 kg?m/s
5. The impulse experienced by a body is equivalent to its change in:
B. kinetic energy.
D. None of the above choices are valid.